Monday, July 30, 2012

Trilingue

I love foreign films.

Well, not all foreign films. I love French and occasionally Italian films. I can't explain why, except that I love the different cultures, and I think the language is beautiful. I took 4 years of French in high school, but I am still weary when it comes to speaking the language. I can understand well, but still, I am self conscious about the pronunciation.

Lucky for me, I have signed up for Rosetta Stone (a couple of years ago). I started, and of course I stopped soon after (I have a tendency to NEVER finish my projects). Lately, I have been watching a lot of films, and I thought to myself "wouldn't it be nice if you could get rid of subtitles?"

Subtitles drive my family crazy, but I must use them. I am afraid to miss one bit of information that can change my understanding of the film, then it's all lost! The film won't make any sense, because I missed some crucial information.

Anyway, I am determined to learn the language, and hopefully someday I can actually visit France.

No comments:

Post a Comment