Tuesday, June 7, 2011

pro·cras·ti·nate

I am going to give myself some credit, because I am at least good at something: procrastination. I don't know at what point during my lifetime I picked up this bad habit. I used to say "well it's because my best creativity comes from last minute panic.” That’s a lie! I just start to panic and eventually lose focus on my goal. I recently purchased two books to help me with a project (personal) and I have yet to go through the books. I think I have picked up the books a few times (to move them from whatever spot they are taking) but I have yet to read through them.

I don’t have a crazy life or anything, and it’s not like I don’t have the time to do what I need to do (two jobs and school). I just choose to leave it until the last minute. The funny thing about this bad habit of mine is that work doesn’t apply. I get all my work and whatever responsibilities done. I don’t want to cause trouble for others by not completing my part (Apparently it’s okay to cause trouble to myself by not completing what I need to).


It’s frustrating to me, because there are so many things I want to do or want to get started and I just don’t. I don’t want to get to a point in my life, in which I decide to slap myself, silly because I did not start something sooner. Although, right now I am really excited because a friend and I started a blog! I of course don’t have any followers, but I am sure she will bring all the peeps from the net. Ha!


(Note to self: you did not finish this blog post the way you intended to (story of your life) and I hope the next time you sit and read this blog, you actually have the other blog up and running).

No comments:

Post a Comment