Saturday, July 23, 2011

Don't be a Grinch!

I Sometimes always wonder if my parents are right in the head. They say and do all sorts of crazy shit and I just can't help but wonder if my brother and I were adopted. It's just not normal.

We were on the way to get lunch, and while at the stop light he started frantically searching through his CD's finds what he is looking for and plays it. Guess what starts to play? Yup. Christmas music...in July! It finally dawned on me why I don't like Christmas music - my dad plays it year round. His Christmas season consists of the entire year.

It's here
Anyway,This reminds me of the time we went out to dinner as a family. My mom asked dad to play some music (the place had a jukebox). We look over at him while he is choosing the music and we can tell that he is concentrating really hard. He hits play and "Feliz Navid" starts playing. He looks over at us as if to say "Hey listen to this, I have only heard this song a million times this year!" The look of horror on my mom's face was priceless. I wanted the earth to open up and swallow (thank god it didn't because my food had not arrived yet) my brother and boyfriend were dying of laughter, and so was everyone else in the place.

Now, my mom might have been a little embarrassed with the whole "Feliz Navidad" in public. However, she is a culprit of the Christmas- is-all -year- long- for-me trend. EVERY year she goes crazy with Christmas decorations (more inside than outside the house). She has these cute little villages and places  them all over our house. The kitchen, the living room, her room, my brothers room, and the bathroom. Yes. The bathroom does not get left behind. This would not be so bad, except she takes down her decorations around my birthday month (May).Why then do they get so offended when I show NO excitement for the real Christmas season? Why then do they get butthurt about me moping around whilst they sing and dance to Jose Feliciano? Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment