Thursday, September 8, 2011

Being Confused is Normal

I am convinced that there is a correlation between caring and confusion. It seems to me that when I care about people and things going around me, I am often confused. I am confused by what people say, what people do, and how people react. For example, you can have a conversation with someone they will totally misinterpret what they hear you say, and then repeat what they "think" they heard and thus create a misunderstanding cluster-popsicle. Why? Why does this happen? Why can't I just give my opinion about something, without it being misinterpreted? And why must people repeat everything I am CONFIDING in them? I don't open my mouth if I am told not to, I guess I expect the same courtesy.

Anyway, so I obviously care about work. I mean, I don't like to work here but the people are nice and the cops I have come across have been fantastic(I need to ask for stickers next time). However, at this place I am often confused by people's behavior. There is a coffee machine in the lobby, and there is a sign on it that says "Do not remove coffee pot WHILE COFFEE IS BREWING" so tell me why people REMOVE the coffee pot when the coffee is brewing?! Oh! And the nerve of some people to laugh and giggle like it's the cutest thing ever. No. It's not cute, it's freaking ridiculous (If someone happens to burn themselves because of this, I will laugh so loud people within a one mile radius will hear me)! Read the freaking sign! Just read it, and let the coffee complete its brewing process, it takes three minutes!

The moral of the story is: DON'T REMOVE THE FREAKING COFFEE POT UNLESS THE COFFEE IS NOT BREWING! Oh, and keep your mouth shut if someone confides in you. You make things bad or worse for people.


No comments:

Post a Comment